Monday, July 19, 2010

Is this really my calling?

For the past few months I have been working with some friends on getting a newsletter started for our Young People department at church. Well the first issue was released in the late Spring and then two more people said they wanted to participate and write as well. Last month we had our first meeting with the new members of the staff. I should have known then that there would be a problem. Due to folks coming late and not paying for their portion of the food. I let it slide and just took it as a learning lesson.

For the past few weeks there has been a lot of misunderstanding and no communication. Each person has their role, so they need to stick with it.Well that didn't seem to be the case this past weekend. A special edition of the newsletter was put out and 3 of the 5 people of the staff didn't know about it. One of them being the Editor!! Now how are you going to go over the Editor's head and publish a newsletter without them knowing. Needless to say when it was announced during morning announcements in church we looked shocked, but knew right away who sent it out.

I had already been thinking about quitting because it has become such a headache to work with this one individual. I honestly don't know if this is something I should be doing. Is this really my calling? I know the Bible says you will endure some tests and trials but this test is pure craziness. I am truly trying to hold on, wait on Jesus to let me know if this is where I need to be.

I have so many thoughts running through my head that I just really need some answers. We are supposed to meet as a staff tonight with our president because she is just as confused as some of us are. I just don't like working with people I can't trust. I feel like I have to watch my back around them and that's not cool. Especially with them being in the church. 

Pray for me as I embark on this journey and wait on an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment