Sunday, August 8, 2010

I love heat and humidity!!!!

Our family reunion was this weekend in Myrtle Beach, SC. It was at least 97 each day, shoot it's 93 outside now. I couldn't get my hair braided before I left home so I decided to just wash and do a bantu knot out or a braid out for the week. Well let's just say with all the swimming, visits to the water park and the humidity it was a lot of wash n go's going on. But I absolutely enjoyed the week with my hair.

The humidity made my hair big and beautiful. I loved it!! I already love the heat as it is and now that I know my hair enjoys it to, it's a done deal. One of my sisters said my ponytail was puffy, I said good, it's the way it's supposed to be. LOL I am truly embracing this journey. Although I did get many requests asking me when I was going to get a relaxer and why didn't I get one before I got to SC. Now the more people pester me and question why I do things, the more determination I have to stay on my journey.

I have to admit there are days when I want to give up and get the creamy crack put in my head but when I think about the pain, the scabs and the migraine that follows I just say 'No Thanks' and keep moving. I have made a goal with myself to learn how to corn roll my hair by the end of the summer. I refuse to pay people to do something I know I can do myself. Each month I will give myself a goal to achieve for my natural hair journey. I think this will make my process very interesting.

For July my goal was a bantu knot out. Now when I say my hair and the humidity loved this style, it really did love it. This will definitely be a hairstyle I will use often. I love the curls and the waves.

Thank you humidity for embracing my hair and giving me more confidence. Love Ya lots!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment